News Desk : dhakamirror.com
An eight-year-old boy in India put an end to the life of a poisonous cobra that had wrapped itself around his hand by biting it to death.
As reported by the New Indian Express, it happened last week in the village of Pandarpadh in the Indian state of Jashpur. While playing in the backyard, the 8-year-old Deepak was bitten on the hand by a poisonous cobra
“The snake got wrapped around my hand and bit me,” Deepak told the outlet. “I was in great pain. As the reptile didn’t budge when I tried to shake it off, I bit it hard twice. It all happened in a flash.”
Family members rushed Deepak to the hospital, where he was treated with anti-venom and kept under observation. Dr. Jems Minj explained that Deepak was lucky enough to be bitten by a snake without being poisoned because the venom was not yet in the snake’s fangs. He was allowed to go home after only one day in the hospital.
Dry bites, while painful, are uncommon, according to local snake expert Qaiser Hussain, and a local journalist named Ramesh Sharma said that the district is also known as Naglok (meaning abode of serpents) because of the abundance of snakes there.
There are approximately 200 different species of snakes living in the area. I have never heard of anything like this happening in the Jashpur district before,” Sharma said.
A 2-year-old girl in Turkey bit a snake to death in her backyard in August after it bit her lip, and now a similar incident has occurred in Pandarpadh.
Mehmet Ercan, the child’s father, told Newsweek, “Our neighbors have told me that the snake was in the hand of my child, she was playing with it and then it bit her.” As a result, “she bit the snake back.”
No one knows what kind of snake bit the toddler, but thankfully she is doing fine.